These are the foundation of Muslim life and Muslims are required to observe them with utmost devotion. Just like a building lacks stability without strong pillars, a believer’s relationship with God lacks focus without observance of the five pillars. These pillars form the foundation and starting point for all other good deeds and acts of worship to God.
- Faith or belief in the Oneness of Allah and the finality of the Prophethood of Muhammad (pbuh);
- Establishment of the 5 daily prayers;
- Concern for and almsgiving to the needy;
- Self-purification through fasting in the month of Ramadan.
- The pilgrimage to Mecca for those who are able.